When a tropical storm or hurricane affects our state, Florida's boat owners and operators have more to be concerned about than just their homes and families.?The FWC has gathered the following informational resources to help boaters prepare for storms and be better able to deal with the aftermath.
- Storm tracking through the National Hurricane Center.
- Preparing your boat for an impending storm. Boat US Hurricane Resource Center?and University of Florida .
- What Florida law says about mandatory marina evacuations. Chapter 327.59, F.S., Marina Evacuations.
- Florida Boat Ramp Finder
- Marina eligibility for disaster relief through Small Business Administration loans. SBA Disaster Assistance.
- Reporting missing and/or damaged waterway markers.
- Report storm damaged boats that may be lost or abandoned to your local law enforcement agency (preferred) or the FWC Division of Law Enforcement.